[Movie Review] When Ghost Meets Zombie 女鬼爱上尸- A Heartwarming Romantic Comedy

14 February 2019

Happy Valentine's Day! It was a 单独约会 solo date between my grandma and me and the cinema hall seats were more than half filled. Probably because
1. It's Valentine's Day so many couples came for a movie date.
2. It's the first day of the movie release!

Not bad hahahaha very comedic!! XD Nathan Hartono's only line was "I Love You" because he acted as a zombie. The plot was quite interesting and the most touching part was when the zombie played Ferlyn's speech(she plays as Zhen Zhen) at Miss Singapura during his speech after winning Mr Perfect and said "I love you" on behalf of the Ferlyn to her mother, Fann Wong. I almost shed some tears at that part and heard some sniffs from the audience.

The funniest parts were Gurmit Singh's parts and the goat's tears procurement part also garnered a lot of loud laughs from the audience. And of course, Nathan himself acting as the zombie.

If you're planning to watch this movie anytime soon in the cinemas, remember to stay for the ending credits with entertaining bloopers and a bonus ending scene!

SPOILER ALERT: Please skip if you hate spoilers!

I just felt that the bonus ending scene was a little unnecessarily cheesy. I feel that the kids don't need to sing the song together. People around me were commenting "Cringey" so yup personally I felt some 鸡皮疙瘩 (my goosebumps appeared :P).

Personally, I like movies that bring out some values or meaning. For this movie, it reminds us to chase our dreams, otherwise not finding the meaning in your life makes everyday dreadful. And who knows, even if you're young and think you have plenty of time ahead of you to fulfil your dreams, death may come like a thief sneakily and snag you away like how Zhen Zhen just passed away so suddenly. So don't regret before it's too late!

But still, all in all, I feel that this is a movie that's not bad! My grandma enjoyed it a lot because she understands Chinese and laughed along to hilarious scenes in the movie. I would recommend you to watch this with your family if you want plenty of laughs and some tears. Rather than a super duper romantic movie, I feel it's mostly heartwarming with some part romantic haha, not that I'm complaining! Till the next movie!

Cheers,
Glissie

Comments

  1. Thanks for the content. Thus understanding the importance of class 12th studies, Ziyyara offers the best online tuition classes for Science class 12 and other subjects for class 12. Students start taking online tuition for class 12 from the beginning to get exceptional results in the exams.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Essay: Describe a crowded shopping mall during a sale.

Essay:What are some advantages and disadvantages of private tuition?

A Compilation of Secondary School Essays