Essay: Describe a crowded shopping mall during a sale.

[Sec 2 Model Essay]
It was a sweltering Saturday afternoon, just the perfect weather to seek refuge in the air-conditioned neighbourhood shopping mall just a stone's throw away from my home. As I entered the shopping mall, Jurong Point , the cold air swept across my face, leaving a refreshing sensation.
  The scene that greeted me was that the place was bustling with activities. Many parents were tagging their small children along with them and pushing strollers with young babies fallen asleep peacefully inside. There were also a few couples who strolled hand in hand lovingly, looking around casually for suitable clothes to try. The place was crammed like sardines and there was hardly any space to move. Sometimes the customers' skin even brushed against each other!
  I then proceeded to the second floor via the escalator after scanning the crowd briefly. Over at the second floor, it was relatively less crowded as it was the typical lunch hour, so the customers were enjoying their lunch in the restaurants. There was a famous supermarket named Cold Storage, Popular bookshop and Golden Village cinema just to name a few shops. Additionally, there was a variety of restaurants to choose from- ranging from local delicacies to popular Korean cuisine favoured by the youth, the customers were spoilt for choice for their dining selections. The appealing smell of food wafted out of the restaurants into my nose. To stop tempting myself any further from eating as I already had my lunch, I continued my exploration around the mall.
  Next, the banners around the mall stating that there was a Great Singapore Sale in Robinsons, the departmental store, led me to the third floor. As it was humongous, it occupied the whole of the level. The sale clearly explained why many middle-aged women were selecting their daily necessities they needed and men were trying on business apparel- as they could gain a discount of 50% off all the products bought only on that day. While the sales promoter was introducing a particular product, a few curious families gathered around to watch. The loud noisy chattering and discussions of the customers resonated around the department store and my ears to the extent that I wanted to leave the store badly. However, an adorable koala stuffed toy caught my eye in an instant. Seeing that I was interested, a friendly sales staff approached me and told me that it was the perfect time to purchase it, but the long, snake-like queue which only ended at the corner of the store dissuaded me from buying it.
  As I received a text message from my mother that I needed to head home soon, I exited the department store and left the shopping mall. I had a fun time observing the customers in the shopping mall and would definitely return again to visit because of the good service of the sales staff at the department store and what the mall has to offer.

Comments: Good job! Well presented observations. Clear, generally accurate language.

Score:24/30

Comments

  1. Amazing thanks it helped me alot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toooo goooood l love it
    Very helpful. I go with the comment 'clear'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much it helped me my homework I spent thinking 2h and this took me an 1h to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyouuu soo much i spent 2 hrs thinking of how to start this topic and then guess what ?i found it
      Its really helpful anf well written

      Delete
  4. Thanks it help me alot 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. NICE,I LIKED IT,HELP,VERY INFORMATIVE,HELPED ALOT

    ReplyDelete
  6. NICE,I LIKED IT,HELP,VERY INFORMATIVE,HELPED ALOT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This essay is too good and it definitely deserves 29/30 not 24 with so accurate tenses and vocabulary with grammar. Its really helpful to improve our own english too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks it helped me to complete my homework

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well explained!! It deserves a 29.5/30 Great Essay 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nicely written helped me obtaining good grades in my homework. ty

    ReplyDelete
  13. As we entered the Lucky One Mall we were greeted by the blast of cool air and the blare of music, The ground floor was right and lively. The layout was impressive it was spacious and well lighted up. people were enjoying. It was crowded, because it was Eid in a few days. There were different stores, cloth brands. bangles, henna etc.The clothing stores were filled with people. The place was crammed and there was hardly place to move. Sometimes the customers skin even brushed against each other! The cold air swept across my face, leaving a refreshing sensation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for this..
    It helped me in my homework.
    God bless you.
    Love you.
    Tc.
    Bye.
    Gn
    🖤💜🤍🙃😘😇🥰🥳😴😴

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really It was very helpful for me thanks a lot ☺️🙏🙏 Very Clear language and Paragraph, very beautifully presented ... Thanks a lot ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm truly grateful for this article. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Turkey visa for Mexico is a visa for Mexican people. With this visa all the Mexicans visit Turkey .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tellthebell A well-known unsavoury provider federating in the US, Taco Ringer, is the leader of the Tellthebell consumer loyalty poll. For more info https://etellthebell.shop/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Essay:What are some advantages and disadvantages of private tuition?

A Compilation of Secondary School Essays